Shutters effortlessly radiate luxury and sophistication. These window treatments are classic and have a very adaptable design that could work in almost any space. If you prefer, you may also find eco-friendly shutters crafted from recyclable materials. What is there not to love about shutters? Continue reading the following write-up as we’ve compiled some surprising ways shutters could make your life easy.
1) Versatility: Shutters, unlike curtains, can be customized to fit practically any window area, from little portholes to large bay windows, and from smooth, round shapes to sharp angles. Shutters that offer greater precision than off-the-shelf purchases, can also better use available space, eliminating the need for unwieldy curtains.
2) Temperature Control: Installing shutters reduces the transmission of heat from your home to the exterior and vice versa by adding an additional barrier to your windows. Your spaces keep heat better in the winter and remain cool for longer in the summer, making your home a pleasant environment.
3) Durability: Sun, dust, and temperature fluctuations can cause wear and tear to window treatments over time. But, shutters are usually fashioned from a variety of materials, all of which are pretty durable. Composite shutters, for example, can withstand high humidity and successfully resist fading and breaking due to their synthetic components. Because of their longevity, they function well in steamy bathrooms and hot kitchens, and they are a fantastic window covering solution for spaces that receive a lot of sunlight.
4) Perfect Light Control And Privacy: Shutters are fixed against the window frame, encompassing all four corners. This flush placement limits the amount of light that enters a room along the edges of blinds or curtains and gives your home a strong sense of security. Simply choosing alternatives like café shutters or double hung shutters can give a homeowner total control over the light and privacy of their space.
5) Increased Child Safety: Every home’s design and décor are designed with child safety in mind. Sharp edges, exposed or unprotected outlets, and a staircase are all potential hazards for kids. Many window treatments are likewise, dangerous to children and pets since they have cords that are accessible even at low levels. Shutters, on the other hand, alleviate that worry because they operate by levers linked to the shutters themselves. You won’t have to worry about a toddler or a pet being intrigued about a dangling thread and entangling themselves into it.
Affordable window treatments like shutters are available in materials like wood or a more durable and moisture-resistant alternative like faux. These work especially in areas of high humidity and moisture, where wooden window shutters could easily fade, mold, and warp. If you’re looking to incorporate shutters in your home, reach out to Window Treatments By Dave right away as we offer a variety of shutters that will complement your space, enhance your home, and are definitely worth the investment.