Small windows have been a common choice for interiors in homes built during the 1960s and 1970s. Surprisingly, vintage is the new modern and hence homeowners are increasingly opting for small windows in their interior design while overlooking a few minor disadvantages that come along with this choice.
Choosing décor for short windows can be challenging. To make it easy for you to make a smart choice, we’ve compiled some suggestions of the best window treatments for short windows in this blog. Follow the write-up to know more.
1) Install Floor-Length Curtains: To make short windows appear taller, use a floor-length curtain. They should be hung on attractive curtain rods that are at least 5 inches above the window frame. A medium-weight cloth is a preferable choice if your window is both short and broad. It’s also a good idea to jazz up these windows with pleated curtains. They’ll aid in the creation of a frame on both sides of the window, making it look narrower.
2) Roman Shades, Flat or Hobbled: Roman shades are a great way to add a stylish touch to a small window. When the shade is drawn down, it provides the illusion of height, causing the window to appear to be the same height as the shade. If you don’t like the look of the fabric of roman shades, bamboo woven shades or an affordable custom shade will provide a lovely texture to your room.
3) Café curtain style: Café curtains are placed halfway up the window to give the perfect balance of light and privacy. For short windows, café curtains of preferred length can be hung on decorative rods a little lower than midway for bringing an aesthetic appeal to the home. One of the key reasons to select cafe curtains is that they are inexpensive! They require less fabric to manufacture, and they can be hung on a simple iron rod with rings within your window frame.
4) Valances: Depending on their position, short windows can provide a great view of the outside world. If you do not want to miss that view, avoid hanging drapes that obstruct the view and add a roman shade. It would make an ideal way to employ one atop a short window so that when it is pushed up, it conceals the shade. Keeping the valance a few inches above the window creates a sense of height.
5) Aesthetic And Weight Of Material: If you want the elegance and charm of sheer panels, stack them rather than hanging just one; this creates a light, airy feeling while still framing the window. For traditional curtains, medium-weight materials, rather than heavy velvet drapes, work well with smaller windows.
A lot of planning goes into making customized window treatments for your home. If you’re looking for the right guide, get in touch with Windows By Dave right away! Our experience has taught us to prioritize our goals to ensure that the results we deliver strike a balance with your vision. Let your windows speak volumes about your personal style. Schedule your free consultation today!
3 thoughts on “How to choose curtains for small windows”
Hi everyone, it’s my first visit at this website, and article is genuinely fruitful in support of me, keep up
posting such articles.
Thank you for visiting our site, if you have any other questions please feel very to reach out.
Thank you for your response, if you have any other questions please feel very to reach out.